Tuesday 12 March 2013

Playing with gels in the studio.




Photographer Wiesia Bojko
MUA Marta Doska
Model Perchwane




Photographer Wiesia Bojko
MUA Marta Doska
Model Perchwane

Photographer Wiesia Bojko
MUA Marta Doska
Model Perchwane






Double page in my portfolio book. 



A few months ago when I was looking for inspiration for my final portfolio project.  I found two amazing photographers. Greg Adamski and Iga Drobisz.
I absolutely love their work and style. My favourite images are the colourful photos created in the studio with gels. I decided to try the same technique for the first time. 
My idea was to use a model with dark skin and flourescent make up and two colour gels, red and blue.
I used 3 lights with gels and honey horns. I struggled with the lights because the front light was affecting the colour of the background. I moved the front light to the left hand side and the two other lights to the back to fill out the background with red. I really like the final effect that I created and I would love to use this technique again with other colours.
The final photos look like they could be used in an editorial fashion magazine and I used one of them for my double page in my porfolio book and another one has been printed for our photography auction in the Tyneside Cinema on the 27th March. Come along, it's free! The photo is on display there now so you can go along for a sneak preview before you bid for it!


Inspiration by Greg Adamski and Iga Drobisz.

http://adamskiphoto.com

hhttp://www.igaphotography.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment