Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Chris Ramsey







Add caption

Photographer Wiesia Bojko
Chris Ramsey 
http://www.chrisramseycomedy.com

I really like to attend meetings with photographers when they come to College for talks with students about their work and experiences. After this kind of meeting I feel inspired and I get new ideas how to promote myself.

I have heard photographers say that photography has changed their lives and given them opportunities to visit great places and meet interesting and famous people.


This happened to me not so long ago. I got a really exciting project and the chance to meet Chris Ramsey, a stand up comedian from the North East, which I know from the BBC 2 programme Hebburn.

I done a photo shoot for Comic Relief's Red nose day in Gateshead with Chris.  
I have worked for comic relief a few times this year.
Before the shoot I got the brief from Katie, the picture editor.
We shot in Gateshead Central Library. They asked me for a few natural shots with Chris and the kids without the flash but with natural lighting and a studio portrait on a white wall. I packed 3 lights, a soft box and a white background just in case I cound't find a big enough plain wall. 
My cousin Martyna who was in Newcastle for a short holiday helped as my assistant.  

The whole shoot including the studio portrait took maybe around 30 minutes and I didn't have too much time to play around with the lighting so everything had to be well set up. 
I was a little bit stressed but happy with my lighting. After the shoot I emailed all the photos to Katie and I got some nice feed back from her.

I am always happy to work for Comic relief and I hope I will get more exciting jobs like that next year. 


Photographer Wiesia Bojko
Chris Ramsey 
http://www.chrisramseycomedy.com





No comments:

Post a Comment